Monday, May 29, 2017

Make My Monday #47...

Hi! I am back with a new challenge at the Make My Monday challenge blog. The theme is Victorian Romance.

Here is my inspiration card.


I had a tough time coming up with this card. Victorian style of design to me means lots of girly lace, multiple layers and soft pastels. Which is rather different from my style. I always admire such designs by others. But I really struggle to with it. At the last moment I remembered a pack of pattern papers called Sofiero from Maja designs that I have had for years. This was the very first giveaway I ever won and I love the beautiful, feminine designs.

I simply cut a few pieces from the papers and adhered them to a piece of scrap paper. I trimmed the panel to size and added faux stitching lines with the Stitches stamp set by Bo Bunny. I used Versamark and Metallic Pick EP by Wow! for the heat embossing. The scrap of lace is from my stash. Here is a close up of my card.


I used the Downton Abbey - Ornate Mirror die by Crafters Companion to cut a piece of handmade paper and few pieces of white card stock and layered them together. The sentiment is from the A Tree for All Seasons stamp set by Winnie & Walter. I stamped it with Versamark on a piece of paper from Sofiero stack and heat embossed with Vanilla EP.

I hope my card inspires you to create something beautiful. Please don't forget to link your creations in our gallery here and also check out the fabulous creations by my fellow DT.


Entering this card in the following challenges:


ModSquad Challenge - Birthday Bash


Stamps & Stencils - Fabric & Fibres


Allsorts Challenge Week 417 - Vintage Style


Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Use Your Old Stash

The pattern papers I used are from the Sofiero collection by Maja Design which I won in a giveaway in 2014. I have used stamping for adding faux stitching detail and the sentiment. 

Crafter's Cafe Challenge #173 - Birthday


Love,

Nandini

10 comments:

  1. this looks so noble, teamie!

    hugs and kisses from Germany silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card and design, many thanks for joining in with our Vintage theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts Vintage Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous vintage looking card - so elegant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! It is gorgeously vintage, not overfussy, and great techniques used. Clever to use off the page sentiment label too. So glad you joined us at he Crafters Café, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty papers, love the stitching and design. Thank you for joining our 'Vintage' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic take on the theme, gorgeous. Love the faux stitching. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. This clean and simple card has a lovely vintage feel to it and is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. Glad to see those gorgeous papers finally got used. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete