Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A shaker card...

Hi! Christmas is over and 2017 is just around the corner. I made a card just for fun after a long time. I have been so busy lately that I generally just post my DT cards. I have a few non-DT projects that I will post soon.

I am a huge fan of both Mudra stamps and Die Cuts & More dies. Both are Indian brands that give world class designs and quality. I decided to combine both brands and make a card. Here is what I came up with.


I started with a piece of white card stock and my all time favorite Mudra stamp set - Botanical Blooms. This is their first multi-step stamp and I love it! It is very easy to line up the layers and the end result is always gorgeous. I used the Red Cosmos and Four Scoops mini ink pad sets by Altenw for the blooms and Memento dew drops for the leaves. I splattered some gold acrylic paint with a brush for some added colour.

Once the stamping was done. I cut my panel using the Double Stitched Circle dies by DCAM. I love that these dies cut like butter and they give a beautiful stitched detail on both sides. I raised the outer ring with foam tape and converted the central portion into a shaker. Here is a closer look at the panel.


I cut the Amazing word die by DCAM from black card stock and heat embossed it with some Black Sparkle EP by WOW!. To tone down the sparkle a bit, I reembossed it with black EP. The pink strip was colored with the mini ink cube and then I heat embossed part of the sentiment from the Lotus Delight stamp set by Peek-a-boo Designs with white EP.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Mudra Challenge #4 - Sketch


DCAM December Challenge - Die cut it




Love,
Nandini



14 comments:

  1. Very cute. Thank you for playing at DCAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card , Thanks for playing at DCAM Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing!!! I love the colors and the layers, and the sparkle on the "amazing" is beautiful. Thanks for joining us the week at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, and wow again! This is an absolutely stunning floral shaker card that you have created! I am thrilled you'll shared it with us by joining our challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nadini. Love that shaker within the floral circle. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete