Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A quick card...

Hi! I have been experimenting with different background techniques lately. I find it very convenient to make several and keep. I needed a card for my daughter's coach who graduated recently. With the background ready, assembling the card was a snap.

I used water colour paper and Camlin photo inks to create the background. The super talented Tejal Mehta of Creative Expressions was the one who introduced me to these inks and they are just fantastic!

I added some splatters of gold acrylic paint. The sentiment was die cut twice. Once in glittery gold and then in plain cream.

Hope you like this card as much as I do.

Entering this card in the Freshly Made Sketches #170.


Saturday, January 17, 2015

Kraft card with in rotation stamping...

Hi! I always like trying new techniques and the month long challenge at Winnie & Walter on occasion of their 1st birthday bash is the perfect opportunity! One of the challenges is to use in rotation stamping on your card.

I used the tiny sprig stamp from the set A Tree For All Seasons and stamped using Versacraft White pigment ink. The stems are drawn free hand with a white Uniball pen. The little sentiment is from Altenew's Persian Motifs set. I stamped it in Versamark on a strip of red card stock and heat embossed in black. Some small half pearls from my stash added the finishing touch.

Entering the card in the following challenges:

W&W In Rotation Challenge with Kelly:

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #107:

NBUS Challenge #3

CASology: Week 129 - NBUS
I used the little sprig stamp for the first time. Also used my brand new white pigment ink.

Virginia's View Challenge #11 - A Clean Slate
I used a new stamping technique and new pigment ink.


Saturday, January 3, 2015

White on white...

Hi! One of my favourite sources of inspiration is Pinterest. I absolutely loved this great card by Eileen Godwin of Eileen's Crafty Zone and decided to case it. You can check out the original card here.

And this is my card.

I used cream card stock and pulled out my old Cuttlebug dies which I had purchased with my Big Shot. The cute birds are from my latest Wplus9 Folk Art Florals dies. I heat embossed them with some gold embossing powder by Ranger.

A lovely layered CAS card which is perfect for a wedding or anniversary!

Entering it in the following challenges:

Virginia's View Challenge #11 - Clean Slate

I made a white-on-white card.

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Winter Wonderland

I was inspired by the whites in the photo and the metallic silver kettle. I used gold instead.

AAA Cards Game 31 - Use a little gold

I used gold embossing.

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #97 - New

Dies R Us Blog Challeneg #17 - New

I used my new Wplus9 Folk Art Florals die set.



Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Subway art style cards...

Hi! Here are couple of best of luck cards that I made for my niece and a friend's daughter. Both appeared for their CA exams this year. And I wanted to make something with words of encouragement.

I found this cool download at Luckeyfrog's Lilypad. I just resized it and printed it out on my laser printer. The gold edge is made with Gold EP & heat embossing.

I was very happy with the card and decided to make a similar one, in a different colour scheme.

I thought the red was looking a bit too bright. So I used the Tim Holtz Wood Grain stencil and a dark red ink to tone it down a bit.

Would love to know what you think of these cards!


Water colour card with Botanical Swirls die...

Hi! I am really enjoying playing with my new "toys" and just experimenting with different techniques. Here is another cards I made with the Spellbinder's Botanical Swirls die.

I used white handmade paper. The background was made using water colours. The sentiment is from 'A Tree For All Seasons' stamp set by Winnie & Walter. I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed with some sparkly Magenta Twinkle EP by Wow that I picked up from Itsy Bitsy. The label is cut using dies from Ity Bitsy as well.

Absolutely loved this card. And even better, my hubby loved it too! 


Monday, November 10, 2014

Floral card...

Hi! I recently visited the new Itsy Bitsy store at Kurla, Mumbai. It was a fab experience and I picked up many things. Definitely going back soon! One of my favourite finds was the Sizzix Wildflower die. Here is the card I made using that die.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches #161

Shopping Our Stash - SOS #176: Leaf Me Alone!

Hope you liked this card. Looking forward to hearing from you.


Shades of red...

Hi! I treated myself to a Diwali gift this year and picked up some stuff from Crafters Corner and The Craft Shop, since both were offering very good deals!

One of my favourite picks was the Spellbinder's Botanical Swirls die. Absolutely love this die! Here is one of the cards I made.

The DP is from Chimanlal. The sentiment is from Micia and I embossed it with Glitter Red embossing powder which I picked up from Itsy Bitsy.

Entering it in the following challenges:

CMCC #45 - Colour Me ... Monochromatic

I used two shades of red. Actually three, if you count the EP.

Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog #120 - Photo Inspiration

I was very inspired by the red and gold palette.

Hope you liked this card. Looking forward to hearing from you.