Monday, July 17, 2017

Product review for Itsy Bitsy...

Hi! What do you do when one of the leading craft stores in India contacts you and asks you to do a review of their products? Yes! You jump up with joy!

Recently Itsy Bitsy sent me a goodie bag with their newly launched cardstock and some lovely embellishments. This is a premium quality, textured white card stock available in packs of 10 sheets each measuring 12 x 12 inches. It is a thick 270 gsm paper suitable for all sorts of crafts.


I made three cards using the paper and some of the embellishments.

For the first card I wanted to use the paper as is since it is such a beautiful, bright white. 


I made a shaker card and added the pretty felt blooms to finish it. The sentiment is from the Sweet Cakes stamp set by Simon Says Stamp.

For the second card I wanted to see how suitable the paper is for stamping.


I used the Freehand Florals set by Wplus9 and a bunch of Memento dew drop dye inks to create my panel.

For the third and last card I decided to try ink blending.


I used the All Occasion Sentiments stamp set by My Favorite things and several Altenew inks in shades of pink.

Here are my three cards together.


My thoughts on this paper? I loved it! Will I buy it for personal use? Definitely!

Some of the things I really liked:


  1. Very sturdy paper with a beautiful bright white color.
  2. Die cuts beautifully.
  3. Though it is textured, stamping is very easy on this paper and the colors show up beautifully. I deliberately avoided using my stamp positioner. But each image stamped crisp and clear the first time.
  4. Perfect for ink blending. I added several layers of ink without any patchiness at all. Also no bending while heat embossing.
  5. I also tried a bit of watercoloring and it held up well. I will share that card some other day.


So a big thanks to Itsy Bitsy for introducing this wonderful product.

Love,
Nandini

4 comments: