Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Holiday Themed Card For ATSM Challenge #203...

Hi! The challenge #203 this week at the Addicted to Stamps and More blog is


Link up your entries celebrating your favorite holidays like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Diwali, Eid, Holi etc. You can also link up entries that celebrate a favorite holiday memory or destination.

Our Amazing sponsor this week is


Founded in June 2013, California-based STAMPlorations™ is owned and managed by husband-and-wife team, David & Shery Russ. From just a handful of stamps, we now have 100+ stamp designs, 4 stamp designers, our exclusive line of stencils, and 20 amazing crafters spread across 3 teams who constantly produce gorgeous projects featuring our products. Our clear stamps are perfect for creating CAS, one layer, and mixed media cards, and they can be combined to create a variety of paper crafts. All of our stamps are proudly made in the USA. Our clear stamps are made from the finest, non-yellowing photopolymer resin. Through our stamp line, we hope to encourage crafters of all ages and
experience levels to "Stamp with all your ART!" 


Prize: 2 digital images

I created a glittery, festive card with a technique using glitter and stencils by the ever wonderful Jennifer Mcguire. You can find her detailed video tutorial here.



Unfortunately I couldn't quite capture the shimmery effect of glitter and silver EP. It looks really gorgeous in real life!

I started with a plain piece of white cardstock, thin double sided tape and the Merry Go Round stencil. This stencil always makes me think of the colorful bursts of firecrackers in the night sky during Diwali!


One of the useful tips that Jennifer Mcguire gives is to cover the back of the stencil with Versamark ink. You can also use soap, apparently. Though I went with Versamark since it was the most handy. This prevents the stencil from sticking too strongly to the double sided tape.


I covered the piece of cardstock with the double sided tape, overlapping each layer slightly. This is important since the glitter will not stick to the cardstock and you will get patchy areas which look really bad and cannot be touched up later! Keep a few strips of the release paper handy and lay them over the seams before pressing firmly to get a smooth finish. Press down the stencil gently, but firmly onto the glued area.


I first added the pink glitter at the center, tapped it off on a sheet of paper and then added the peach glitter. I used a piece of old tshirt to really work the glitter into the glue. The excess went back into the bottle. I was actually surprised by the small amount of glitter I needed.


After I had carefully peeled off the stencil, I added the turquoise glitter generously and again worked it in. I was very happy that there was almost no contamination between colors and I ended up with a beautiful, shimmery panel of cardstock.

I die cut the stenciled panel and some pale turquoise hand made paper with Gina Marie x-cut rectangle dies. I mounted the turquoise panel on a top folding white card base. The stenciled panel was popped up with a piece of fun foam for some added dimension. The sentiment is from the Sentiment Builders: Celebrate set by STAMPlorations. It was stamped on a scrap of pink handmade paper with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Silver EP. Here is another look at the card.


I hope you like my card and are inspired to join the fun at the ATSM challeneg blog. You can link up you creations here.

I am linking this card to the following challenges:










Love,
Nandini


11 comments:

  1. Love all that beautiful shimmer, Nandini. I really like the colours you have chosen for this card. They all go together so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, I love your created background. Thanks for the tutorial, very helpful.
    I love a bit of bling. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. I also thank you for your DT application, I will be in touch before the DT Call ends. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caz. Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Delete
  3. Wow Nandini what a fabulous technique and it makes for a perfect celebration card! Beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your step by step
    I can see what you did with your card
    and the color on that flower(?) is adorable
    love the glitter too
    big hugs from teamie
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nandini - Can you please send me an email to cazro2512@btinternet.com Good news from Make My Monday DT call. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glittery wonderful card Nandini... Your tutorial is just fantastic and I must CASE this if that is okay? Colors go well with your sentiment.. Great job and thank you so much for joining at MMM.. Take care and see you soon!
    Cyber Hugs,
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the step by step for this amazing card. It is stunning! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments x Thank you too for the fabulous inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Very Beautiful!! Your photos are much appreciated. Thank you for playing at STAMPlorations:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome technique!!! Thanks for joining us at the stamplorations cas challenge!

    ReplyDelete