Monday, February 20, 2017

Make My Monday Challenge #40...

Hi! The current Make My Monday Challenge #40 is up and the theme is Birds. So you can create anything to do with birds, feathers, nests, eggs, flying etc.

I honestly struggled with this theme. Though I have I few stamps with bird images, I couldn't think of anything to make. One of my favorite things to do when I am stuck is to go through Pinterest. I was doing this the night before the challenge was due when I came across this beauty by Bhavana Kesarkar. You must check out her blog Blending Art And Craft which is full of amazing creations. So I decided to CASE her card and here is what I came up with.


I started with a piece of white card stock that I cut with DCAM's Double Stitched Nested Rectangle dies. I blended some purple, pink and peach distress inks in the middle. I used the Script texture stamp by Kaisercraft and lightly stamped with Artistry Lavender Dash ink. I then added some splatters with silver pink acrylic paints. I stamped the bird image from the Winnie and Walter You've Got Love Mail stamp set with Picked Raspberry ink and heat embossed it with Ranger's Holographic EP. The sentiment is also from the same set and I stamped it thrice with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The only reason I got such crisp stamping was because of my trusty Stampaholic.

Here is a close up of the panel.


I mounted the panel on a kraft card base that I had lightly stamped with the same Script stamp by Kaiserkraft. Some sequins from my stash finished the card.

Hope you like my card. Do check out the Make My Monday challenge blog for more fabulous inspiration by rest of the DT.

I am entering this card in the CAS(E) This Sketch #209


Love,
Nandini

5 comments:

  1. woe, teamie...this is so stunning!

    hugs and kisses from Germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic creation, love it. Emma (new DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nandini. I love your card. It's so creative, and I love the combination of bright colours on kraft card, which is something I haven't tried (yet).

    ReplyDelete