Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A new technique...

Hi! I love trying different techniques. Sometimes the technique doesn't work out exactly as it should. I tend to save these panels and recycle them later. Today's card is made from one such panel and a slightly modified version of the Watercolor Lifting Technique by Jennifer Mcguire




I started with a piece of watercolor paper on which I had smooshed different shades of Camlin Photo Colours.



I stamped my DIY leaves stamp with Versamark and heat embossed with clear EP. I used water to 'lift' the color from the background. My twist was mixing some bleach with the water. I was very happy with the result. Here is a closer look at the panel.



The card is a case of a beautiful card by Shari Carroll. You can check out her original card here. I used a pale green handmade paper as the card base. The stamped sentiment is part of the Petals from Scratch by Fiskars and the die cut sentiment is by Wplus9. I diecut three from black cardstock and one from metallic gold paper and stacked them, off setting the gold one slightly.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

CAS Mix Up March Challenge



I used stamping, watercoloring and heat embossing.

AAA Cards Game #59 - Embossing



CAS(E) this Sketch #162



Simon Monday Challenge - Make Your Own Background

Love,
Nandini

16 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Nandini. I love how the embossing protected the colour underneath, while the bleaching removed around them. So cool!! And I LOVE this layout and design ... perfect to show off your beautiful watercolouring. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll. I have long been an admirer of you work. Such kind words from you really mean a lot!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering how the lifting ended up in white bg..hmm..its bleach ! Loved your twist to the technique ! wonderful card !

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a beautiful panel and the thick die cut hello is so perfect with it! Love this technique! Thanks so much for joining us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is full of life and energy, you've added a lovely feeling of elegance by incorporating the gold.Thanks for entering your card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nandini...your watercolour panels are beautiful and so colourful...thank you for joining in the fun this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...Hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous panel, I love the dark colours! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to meet a card maker from India! We have lots of nice Indians in BC, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to meet a card maker from India! We have lots of nice Indians in BC, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous results you got; the colours and pattern is lovely.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete